Sunday, February 20, 2005

a little bitterness is sometimes refreshing

I've been dealing with the crappy fact that my ex-wife's new band is going to be a big success, playing middle-of-the road indie pop. Go read the band bio--if it sounds like it was written by a professional copywriter, well, that's because it was. Christ, who hires a writer to write a band bio?) Anyway, enjoy downloading some of their "nice" music, then as a palate cleanser, have a listen to "Pop Song Factory" from the album The Coonass Strikes Back by Inbred Bipeds, a duo from Cut Off, Louisiana, featuring one "Buddy Luuv" and Ryan Dufrene, the latter formerly of sludge-rock stalwarts Blacula. (A 'coonass' is just another name for a Cajun.)

2 Comments:

Blogger theoldroadhog said...

Got any mp3s?

21/2/05 12:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

funny that I come across this! i was riding with a friend this evening and I hear some crazyass cajun music/comedy skit coming from the radio. "What the fuck is this?" I aske din excitement heh. He told me it was Inbred Bipeds. They couldn't tell me who was in the band though. They had no idea. I am a South Lafourche musician myself. How you doin.

3/6/06 10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Counter