Thursday, July 21, 2005

Put 'em in the pot and let 'em steam

This is a record that I got out of a box of 45's at the Limestone County Flea Market, I found a Feminine Complex 45 in the same stack of records. Anyway, I knew I was going to have to get this record because Robin (the previous owner - she signed the record) had put four shiny silver star stickers on the label. This was a 45 that was not going back in the box.

"Chicken-Backs" is a monster! I love this song. What a great sax part and the guitar is really good too. It was written by H. Hill-J. Hill-Tamales which is kinda weird. Why didn't they put "Hot" in the credits? Side two, "Join In The Fun" was written by Kirby-Thompson-Houston so I guess those were the last names of some of the other Hot Tamales. Robin must not have liked it as much, there's an 'X' on this label.

These songs sound like they're from the late 60's to me. It looks like this was the first release on Supreme Records, it's number 101.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Argh...been looking for this song everywhere! I know it's years later, but can you re-upload? :)

4/11/13 5:59 PM  
Blogger KS said...

Here you go: http://www.sendspace.com/file/opx20s

5/11/13 4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Counter