Friday, September 12, 2008

Delightful little rerun

Delightful Little Nothings were a shoegaze/indiepop band from Benecia CA, in the early 90s. They sounded like Velocity Girl. A lot like Velocity Girl. But Velocity Girl was good so it’s OK. The band compared themselves to Heavenly but said that they sounded like this before they ever heard of Heavenly.

I first heard Delightful Little Nothings on a Mint/Lookout compilation called A SLICE OF LEMON. Their song – “Blah, Blah, Blah” – is one of the better songs on the record. I had seen the band’s 7” – called e.p. – at the record store so I picked it up the next time I was there. The songs are good but sometimes a little too long. As with all shoegaze bands, the music sounds better turned up loud. As far as I know, these are the only recordings Delightful Little Nothings made. I’ve never heard of anything else. The record was released by the Candy Floss label.

Bassist Mike Talbot had played in Monsula and went on to the Zim-Zims after the Delightfuls ended. Paul Curran was also in Monsula and in Crimpshrine.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I left a comment on an the old post (so just ignore it!), it appears the song on the comp tape i mentioned (Benicia comp) is on this 7" :)

20/9/08 4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Counter