Monday, May 02, 2005

Retro-Futurism

I never really listened to Be Bop Deluxe when they were around. They were on the radio every now & then but I don't remember any particular songs. I guess they were popular because I see their records in the used bins regularly. So when I got a copy of this recent compilation from Dave over at Spot The Drummer (thanks Dave!), I was curious but not terribly excited. After listening to the CD a few times, I still don't remember any particular songs. They are good and if I focus on them, I can pick out some stuff that I like but it's not really my cup of tea.

Except for these two songs from the bands's first self released 45. They're good. The a-side is the song that got the band a record deal, "Teenage Archangel". The flip is even better. I'd like it a lot more if it was shorter, it was recorded in '73 and people must've had longer attention spans back then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Counter