Saturday, June 04, 2005

Finally!

When CYBERNETIC DREAMS OF PI was released on Twin/Tone back in 1983, I bought the only copy that Cat's records had in stock. I has already knew that the band was good because "Invisible People" was included on THE REBEL KIND compilation that Sounds Interesting Records had put out the year before. The album is still one of my favorites from the Eighties. Somebody else liked it well enough that my copy disappeared at a party one night. Slickee Boys records never were common sights in Tennessee record stores even when they were in print so I pretty much gave up on hearing the LP again unless I found a used copy. And I never did.

But now I've got a copy! The Slickee Boys just put CYBERNETIC DREAMS OF PI out on a self-released CD. Yay! It's also available from Twin/Tone but the disc the band has is a better deal. For the same price, it's got eight bonus tracks, four from the band's third E.P. and four more songs that were "Found in the trunk of Kim's Orange Fury." That's what the liner notes say. Get in touch and I'll tell you how to get a copy.

The Slickee Boys still get together and play once or twice a year up in Washington, D.C.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much! I had almost forgotten the Slickee Boys. I remember playing "When I Go to the Beach" and their cover of "Pictures of Matchstick Men" on college radio in the 80s. Great stuff.

4/6/05 4:10 PM  
Blogger KS said...

You're welcome! Glad you liked it.

4/6/05 9:34 PM  
Blogger KS said...

Oh. Yeah, you might need that: kipshepherd*at*hotmail.com, take out the stuff that doesn't look right.

5/6/05 11:01 AM  
Blogger stevecooks said...

Cybernetic Dreams of Pi was a fave of mine back in the 80's. Saw the Slickees live a cople of times. oved their shows the way I loved the Fleshtones, the Lyres, the Moguls and the Smithereens

13/7/06 3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Counter