Thursday, September 22, 2005

“The singing is really weird, and I like that."

Fur Bible was started when Kid Congo Powers (ex-Cramps & Gun Club, pre-Bad Seeds & Knoxville Girls), Patricia Morrison (ex-Bags, Legal Weapon & Gun Club, pre-Sisters of Mercy & Damned) and a drummer named Desperate backed up The Legendary Stardust Cowboy on a tour of England. They found another guitarist named Murray Mitchell and started Fur Bible.

Fur Bible was the first band the Kid Congo did the lead vocals for and he didn’t like it. "I've always been pretty proud of everything I've done, but that was the first time I'd ever sung on record, and it was not a project close to my heart." Years later he listened to the record again and decided that he wasn’t too bad: “The singing is really weird, and I like that." - Kid Congo Powers

Patricia Morrison wasn’t happy with the band. She called them the worst band in the world. No wonder the band didn’t last very long.

The record is not that bad but the Goth touches does sound a little dated now. I wonder if a different producer would’ve helped? I have no idea why but this record was very popular in Chattanooga. I probably sold 20 copies at the record store that I was working in at the time.

1 Comments:

Blogger KS said...

Cool. Should I update my links?

25/9/05 9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Counter