Tuesday, December 06, 2005

The Elephant

I’ve had this record for a while now and I’m not sure where or when I got it. But that doesn’t matter much. Wherever it came from, it’s a good record.

There’s not much information about The Philly Four. I thought the record was from the early seventies but it’s really from ’68. The band was from Philadelphia, we can only assume that there were four people (or maybe three people and the elephant) in the band.

Coincidentally, this song is available on a comp with “Ruby’s House Party” which I posted a while back. I’m gonna have to get that comp one of these days.

Two more things: I found the website of a guy named Ray Brazen that did a cover of “The Elephant” a few years ago. And there’s a site in England that’s selling a copy of this record for 30 pounds! I thought that was a bit much until I saw this auction on eBay. Maybe I should start storing my copy in a plastic bag.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Counter