Thursday, March 30, 2006

Sardines & Turnip Greens

Here’s another 45 that I know almost nothing about. I pulled it out of a box at the Limestone County Flea Market a long time ago. It’s got some surface noise but I’ve gotten used to the pops and clicks. I really like these two songs. “Sardines And Turnip Greens” is a great song title. Fortunately the music is good enough to go with it, it’s a great instrumental. The B-side is good too, I like the organ part.

I tried to find something out about the Dynamic Eight. There’s not much to report. I did find a couple sites that said the band was from Nashville. Also, the record is sometimes credited to James Stuart & The Dynamic Eight and sometimes just the Dynamics. I wonder if the same record was released under different names or if the sellers came up with new names on their own? Also there is a 45 on Sound Stage 7 by the Dynamic Seven. Same guys after somebody left the band? James Stuart & The Dynamic Eight had another 45 on J&J records, I’ve never heard or seen it. Anybody out there got a copy?

There are a few copies of this 45 available to anyone that wants to spend 10-40 bucks. Or you can order a CD-R of the song from these guys for $67.98!!!! Yow!!! It looks like you do get a vinyl copy of the single with the order though.

In 2003, Atlantic released “Sardines & Turnip Greens” on a British comp called BLUES & SOUL POWER. It looks like a pretty good set, anybody got a spare?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Counter