Thursday, November 09, 2006

Troubles and heartaches

Jim C. has turned up another old record by a Huntsville band!

This 45 is a band called the Continentals. The Continentals were one of the first garage bands in Huntsville along with the Hi-Boys Combo. I think the record is from ’64 or ’65 but that’s just a guess. The band sounds kinda Northwest frat-rock to me. The best part is the guitar and saxophone part on this song.

Saxophone player Bill Rasnake wrote both sides of the single. Rasnake went on to play in local legends The Tiks. The Tiks were the band that everybody expected to make the big time. I’ve never heard them, I don’t know if they ever made any records. That doesn’t mean any much though. I wouldn’t know about this record if Jim hadn’t found it in a junk store recently.

The record was released on Spot Records and credited to American Band Productions. I’ve never heard of either them. It was pressed up in Nashville, just like every other sixties 45 around here was.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Counter