Thursday, May 03, 2007

Delightful Little Nothings

Delightful Little Nothings were a shoegaze/indiepop band from Benecia CA, in the early 90s. They sounded like Velocity Girl. A lot like Velocity Girl. But Velocity Girl was good so it’s OK. The band compared themselves to Heavenly but said that they sounded like this before they ever heard of Heavenly.

I first heard Delightful Little Nothings on a Mint/Lookout compilation called A SLICE OF LEMON. Their song – “Blah, Blah, Blah” – is one of the better songs on the record. I had seen the band’s 7” – called e.p. – at the record store so I picked it up the next time I was there. The songs are good but a little too long. As with all shoegaze bands, the songs sound better turned up loud. As far as I know, these are the only songs Delightful Little Nothings recorded. I’ve never heard of anything else. The record was released by the Candy Floss label.

Bassist Mike Talbot had played in Monsula and went on to the Zim-Zims after the Delightfuls ended. Paul Curran was also in Monsula and also in Crimpshrine.

7 Comments:

Blogger Brad said...

I am looking for more information on this group and also am curious as to what he EP cover looks like along with the track list details.

Any help you could provide would be appreciated.

Thank you!

8/6/07 2:55 PM  
Blogger John Butler Train said...

That sendspace file expired, would you be able to send a megaupload of the DLN 7" to me? My email is I_AM_SCENE@hotmail.com
Thanks
Alex

7/9/08 11:05 PM  
Blogger KS said...

I'll repost the songs in a few days.

8/9/08 8:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you ever get around to reuploading these songs (i'm not sure if the new links expired or the songs weren't reuploaded)? By the way, they also have a song called "Freesongs" on the Benicia comp tape which is really good.

Anyway, sorry for the trouble :)

20/9/08 4:03 PM  
Blogger Kevin Cafferty said...

There's a very good song called "Like-Minded Soul" on the 7" compilation "Misfit Heartbeat"

12/11/09 1:46 PM  
Anonymous Future Daydream said...

I have all 8 songs from the recording session that all those mentioned songs came from, two songs recorded on 4 track at practice one day, and the entire set recorded from the board at the 1993 924 Gilman St. show. I digitally converted these in 98 or so. My source material wasn't first generation. And it was digitized in 98 so... I'll try to put these up soon and post a link.

17/12/10 1:34 AM  
Blogger KS said...

Great! Let me know when you do, I'd like to hear that!

17/12/10 9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Counter