Saturday, January 24, 2009

And it's high time...

About 2:30 this morning, I woke up from a strange dream. In the dream, I was trying to remember the name of a Pink Floyd song. I remembered all sorts of stuff related to the song - it was on the MORE soundtrack and also on the KQED Studios tape. Hawkwind recorded a version. So did The Royal Purple. The name ended in '-ine'. I kept thinking it was called Evangaline which fit but still wasn't right. Crystaline didn't work either.

I could not remember the name. This went on for a half hour. Everytime I started to fall asleep, I'd hear the chorus in my mind. So I'd start trying to get the whole name again.

Finally I gave up and got out of bed to find out what the name was so I could go back to sleep. "Cymbaline". Oddly enough, it's a song about a man having a nightmare.

By then, I was wide awake. It was 4:30 before I went back to bed and 5 before I fell asleep again.

And here's the Hawkind and Royal Purple versions too.

Sleep tight!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Counter