Monday, May 09, 2005

Just Give Me Time

The ‘In’ are the most local garage band that I’ve found yet. I live about 3 miles from the school that they attended back in the 60’s. I've been to Lee High School several times and I still have not found the shrine to the 'In'. They must only open it up on special occasions.

The 'In' claim to have played the first psychedelic music show ever in Huntsville and I do not doubt them. Tying them a recent post, The ‘In’ played some shows with Travis Wammack and recorded with Roland Janes.

There are two good interviews with ‘In’ guitarist Eddie Burton here and here. I suggest that you go read both of them. They tell the story of The ‘In’ much better than I ever could.

A few years ago, the Sex Clark 5 covered the ‘In’ for their last Peel Session.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is TERRIFIC! Thanks for the head's up.

10/5/05 10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Counter