Monday, February 13, 2006

You'll agree that you'd like to be

It’s been a while since I posted any Huntsville garage so here’s a record by the Rocks. I think these two songs are better. “Love City” is great, I think it’s the best song on the three singles I’ve heard by the band. The B-side is good too. Both songs were written by Randy Lee Duck. The Rocks third single was a song called "Because We're Young" and it's been comped several times. None of the Rocks other records have been available anywhere else.

I don’t know much about the Rocks. They were active in ’65 and ’66 and recorded 2 singles for local DJ Sonny Limbaugh’s Gold Master label. "Because We're Young" was on Woody Richardson's Woodrich label. The people around here that do remember The Rocks don't remember who the members were. Maybe they changed the name of the band and kept playing. Does anyone know anything more?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Counter