Monday, April 24, 2006

Decency Today Means Morality Tomorrow

I found this record at a flea market a few years ago. After I bought the record and was heading back to the car, an old guy stopped me and said "I used to be a member of SINA! I tried to dress my dog. He bit me."

INSIDE SINA is a recording of a talk given to potential members by Bruce Spencer, Executive Vice-President of SINA.

From the liner notes by SINA President G. Clifford Prout Jr.:

SINA, the Society for Indecency to Naked Animals was founded by my father who believed that all animals should wear clothing for the sake of decency. He meant any dog, cat, horse or cow that stands higher than 4 inches or is longer than 6 inches.

We, as human beings, are members of the animal kingdom and have established a social custom of wearing clothes; it stands to reason that our animal friends should also be permitted to wear decent clothing in public!

Most animals behave better when they are permitted to share our social habits. Ask any SINA member. Strangely enough, people let animals share their food, homes and autombiles; then they turn them loose to romp and play in the nude. It never made sense to my father and it doesn't to me nor the thousands of SINA members.

I, G. Clifford Prout Jr., as President of SINA, today carry the plea for animal decency to all parts of the world. You may have heard about my campaign on radio and television; leading newspapers such as the San Francisco Chronicle, New York Daily News, Los Angeles Times, London Sunday Telegraph and hundreds of others have written extensively about SINA.

[...]

SINA's motto, "Decency Today Means Morality Tomorrow," remains the key to our success as thousands of people continue to rally to our cause and lend their moral support.

Clifford Prout Jr., President
Society for Indecency to Naked Animals

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Counter