Thursday, April 27, 2006

Enter Hell

Here’s a single by Sam D’Angelo who was the lead singer/keyboard player in the mighty Sister Ray. I think these songs were recorded as demos for Sister Ray. This one made the cut and the band recorded it and used it to open TO SPITE MY FACE, their second LP.

This Was My Blood” starts out good but goes on about three minutes longer than it should. The guitar reminds me of early Labradford. “Enter Hell” is the keeper on the record, it would fit right in on The Velvet Underground’s WHITE LIGHT/WHITE HEAT.

The 45 came out in 1990, right around the same time that Sister Ray’s second LP was released. I’ve heard rumors of a third Sister Ray album but I’ve never seen it. Sam D’Angelo released a solo LP in 2002, I’ve never heard it either. Somebody needs to put together a comp with all of Sister Ray’s 45 tracks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Counter