Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Banned post

I got this record because the Syndicate of Sound’s original version is so great. Somehow, I had decided that a punk version would be even better. It’s not. The song is good but it doesn’t come close to the original record. Oh well, it only cost me a buck. The b-side is pretty good. I guess it’s about CBGB’s but I can’t make out any of the words.

The Banned started playing as Precious Little in 1975 and became the Banned in ’76. The group released “Little Girl” in 1977 on their own Can’t Eat Records. Harvest Records picked up the record and it reached #36 in the UK charts in 1978. The next year, the Banned changed their name back to Precious Little and signed to Chrysalis Records. Then they broke up.

You can read about them here if you’re interested. There’s a CD available too.

Precious Little/Banned drummer/singer Paul Aitken currently has a band called The Retros. The ‘best party band in the world’ plays weddings, parties and festivals. Sounds good to me, I’ll keep them in mind next time I need to hire some entertainment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Counter