Tuesday, September 19, 2006

The last glam record

The late ’79 release of this album means that this is probably the last glam record of the Seventies, even though David Werner is disguised as a new wave singer on the cover. The record holds up pretty well. I still like it anyway.

This record didn’t come from a junk store, I bought the record new at Paradise Records in Hixson, Tennessee in 1980. I liked the two songs that were on the radio, especially this one. The vocals sound like the Association. Even better, Werner's song doesn’t have a flute.

Werner had two earlier LPs on RCA. I don’t like them as much as this one. I know a guy that feels the opposite – he likes the RCA LPs but not this one. The earlier records are not as common as this one in the used record bins, this one is there regularly. I also have a promo live record that Epic released at the same time as the LP. If anybody is interested in hearing that, let me know and I’ll post it too.

This was David Werner’s last record. It looks like he went into songwriting (he wrote “Cradle of Love” for Billy Idol – I'm not sure I've ever heard that song) and record production. Apparently he works with a Pittsburgh production company too.

2 Comments:

Blogger jchoma said...

I'd love to hear the live album if you can put that up. I''d also love to hear David's other two albums, as I've not been able to find them anywhre. It's a shame such good music is out of print...

30/6/07 5:51 PM  
Blogger KS said...

I'll post it this later this week.

You want to hear the "comedy" stuff on side two?

1/7/07 9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Counter