Tuesday, October 03, 2006

"They sound like silt seeping on the ocean floor"

Because Marc O. mentioned them - and because I don't have anything else ready to post - here's some songs by Tangerine Dream. I do like the earlier stuff, 1977 is my cutoff, but the later soundtrack stuff is boring. And this is a band that was boring to begin with.

"Circulation Of Events" is from 1973, most of the early stuff is good. More than one song features Edgar Froese playing a coffee machine. Not this one though. Sorry.

Next up is "Rubycon Part 2" "Part 1" is pretty much the same thing. This is my favorite Tangerine Dream album. It's not a desert island disc though. I'd rather hear Can, Neu!, Faust, Kraftwerk or Ash Ra Tempel than anything by Tangerine Dream.

And finally, this one. Mostly because I like the electric piano that starts up at 6 minutes or so. And it has a good title.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Counter