Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Just a couple more minutes

Whatever I’m doing, wherever I’m going, if I see a box of records, I’ll stop and flip through it. My wife hates it but I’ve got to look, there just may be something worth getting. Two minutes (sometimes hours) later, I decide there isn’t anything I need and go on my merry way.

Which is almost what happened when I found this record. I was flipping through a box filled with the usual suspects (Jesus Christ Superstar, show tunes, The First Family), nothing close to rock. Right in the middle of that was the Nip Drivers’ DESTROY WHITEY album. I pulled it out and asked the old black guy running the booth how much he wanted for it. He looked at it and said “That thing? 2 bucks.” He never did tell me how he ended up with a mid-80’s hardcore record, I’m pretty sure he was glad to get rid of it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brushback said...

The Nip Drivers friggin' ruled. Great find!

19/5/07 9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Counter