Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Birds sing out of tune

Patty Duke's first record made it all the way to thetop ten in 1965. Could've been because of her TV show or because people thought it was Lesley Gore. The first time I heard it on the radio I thought it was a Lesley Gore record that I'd never heard. And I liked it enough to buy the LP when I found a used copy a short time later (as always it helped that the record was only a buck).

Then I played LP.

The second single sounded like Gore too but people must've been catching on because the record only made it to #22. Gore's records are much better.

A couple of other songs aren't too bad. Saved by the decent arrangements mostly, Duke's singing sure doesn't help the songs much. Worst of all are the cover songs when you can compare her voice to the original singers.

And I never did care much for her TV show either.

3 Comments:

Blogger imnotgod said...

Hi KS,

Would you please agree to re-upload the Rittenhouse Square's EP ?

(http://1000000milesaway.blogspot.com/2007/03/rittenhouse-squared.html)

This item is really impossible to find !!!

Great thanks in advance.

Fantasy

29/1/09 1:16 PM  
Blogger KS said...

It will be posted.

29/1/09 6:43 PM  
Blogger imnotgod said...

Great thanks.

Fantasy

30/1/09 12:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Counter