Saturday, January 31, 2009

Oh baby look what you done for me

Oh baby you set my heart free

---------------------------------------------------

I had a request to repost the Rittenhouse Square EP.

So here it is.

Rittenhouse Square was a short lived band that featured Mitch Easter, Chris Stamey, Peter Holsapple and Bobby Locke. The band formed sometime in 1971, played a few shows, recorded some songs and then broke up in 1972.

Without the other members knowledge, Locke pressed up 100 copies of an EP containing 6 Rittenhouse Square songs on his R-Squared Records in 1972. The record was packaged in a paper sleeve. Peter Holsapple says the record is a “considered a collector’s item by people that have obviously never heard it”.

I think it’s pretty good. There are still rumors of a re-issue. I sure hope there is one, all I have are these mp3's I got a while back.

2 Comments:

Blogger imnotgod said...

Great great thanks KS !

Fantasy

1/2/09 4:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello
i am located in france and would like to download the rittenhouse square lp could you help me please ? my email is
bobby23@wanadoo.fr thanks to answer very friendly franck

23/12/09 11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Counter