Friday, July 28, 2006

Klashing with the Clash

Here’s the whole LP of KLASHING WITH THE KLASH, it’s my favorite live album. It was recorded at the Palladium in New York City on Sept 21, 1979. The Clash on their second US tour, they were at the height of their powers in 1979. The sound quality is very good, the concert was broadcast on the radio so the show was recorded off the air.

LONDON CALLING had just been recorded so the audience is hearing some of these songs for the very first time. The cover picture of LONDON CALLING was taken at this concert.

The record does not have the complete concert. I don’t know why, two of the sides are under ten minutes so they could have fit the missing songs on the album. There are CDs of the complete show available if you look around.

I kept each side of the LP complete. Here's the songs:

Side one:
1. Safe European Home
2. I’m So Bored with the USA
3. Complete Control
4. London Calling
5. White Man In Hammersmith Palais
6. Koka Kola
7. I Fought The Law

Side two:
8. The Guns Of Brixton
9. English Civil War
10. Clash City Rockers
11. Stay Free
12. Clampdown

Side three:
13. Police and Thieves
14. Capital Radio

Side four:
15. Armagideon Time
16. Career Opportunities
17. What’s My Name
18. White Riot

This was one of the very first bootleg records I ever bought. I got it in 1982 at a really cool used record store called Play It Again Records in Chattanooga. The store was in an old shed behind a bookstore on the campus of UTC. Most of the records they had were priced under 5 bucks. I wish I had known more about music when the place was open. I remember flipping by copies of the MC5’s BACK IN THE USA and HIGH TIME and picking out a boring Thunderclap Newman record instead. That was dumb.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Counter