Monday, July 24, 2006

The imposter

If Elvis Costello was the new Dylan, did that make Scott Wilk + The Walls the new Mouse & The Traps?

This is a pretty good record once you get used to the idea that you aren't listening to Elvis Costello. I thought somebody would get it right away. I guess the record is more obscure than I thought it was.

This was the Walls only LP. Next, Wilk did an LP with band called Bone Symphony. I've never heard it. Since then he's been doing film work, both acting and music. He's got an impressive resume that, errrrr, doesn't mention this album. It's not that bad of a record! It doesn't mention this one either.

Here's a couple more songs from the record and the two I used for clues if you haven't already gone to the trouble of renaming them.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is this record better or worse than "Written on the Back of My Hand" by the Jags? I'd consider that single to be Elvis C's own "Public Execution"...

25/7/06 8:37 AM  
Blogger stevecooks said...

Scott Wilk... I had something of his on a compilation 25 years ago or so. I seem to remember the dB's being on there, too.

27/7/06 2:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have looked EVERYWHERE for Scott Wilk's first album with the track "Radioactive". Any advice or direction? Drop me a note at dtpm60 at yahoo.com!

25/7/07 10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Counter