Thursday, March 01, 2007

I got nothin'

Here's another mystery record. I've tried to find out who Johnny Warren was. There's nothing in any of the places I looked. There was an Australian soccer player named Johnny Warren, I don't think he made this record.

The 45 is on Occidental Records. Sounds like it was recorded in Nashville or Memphis around '65-'67. Tom Casassa produced the record. Ray Pennington wrote one song, I shouldn't have to tell you who wrote the other one. It's a great version of a song that I never get tired of hearing.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tom Casassa worked for Tree publishing in Nashville for many years and released a few records before that, some under the name Tommy Curtis. He died in 2006(?) I think his son Curt is in the business as well.

3/1/10 6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Counter