Monday, April 10, 2006

eating handfuls of dust...

i wish I could get somebody to talk to me about this band.
I'm not even sure why I like them so much. They require a lot of patience, especially from a spaz like me, since their songs are so down-tempo. But they're really sad and really funny at the same time....or maybe I'm really sad and funny at the same time.

Anyway, download and discuss:

The Handsome Family, "The Bottomless Hole"
The Handsome Family, "The Song Of A Hundred Toads"

From the album Singing Bones.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jose Fritz said...

I saw them in New York in 1998 (I think) and Brett did "weightless Again" solo, just him and an acoustic guitar. I have been a fan since.

10/4/06 7:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

as much as I love their songs when they perform them, I think Sally Timms' version of "Drunk by Noon" is perfection.

I saw the Handsome Family at Maxwell's circa 1998. There was less than ten people in the audience, but they played a terrific show all the same.

10/4/06 11:49 PM  
Blogger KS said...

"The Bottomless Hole" reminds me of "The Well" by Smog. I wonder if it's the same hole?

11/4/06 8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Counter